A. Martin Landscapes can construct a hard-wearing, solid driveway for your home or property out of block paving.
Block paving is an efficient and cost-effective material that allows for a complementary aesthetic design to be placed on your front driveway.
There are, however, a range of common issues/problems which eventually become evident when your driveway or patio has not been constructed well and to the correct paving installation specifications. These can include;
- Sinking in parts or the driveway or patio
- The occurrence of loose edgings
- Clearly visible uneven levels
- Puddles forming
- Your manhole cover may have sunk
Loose or moving paving may need to be re-bedded, however it is more important to rectify the cause of the movement.
Settlement or subsidence of the substrate layers, for instance sub-grade, sub-base and bedding layer, is the most common reason for block paving failure. This can be as a result of:
- Wrong type of base material used, or insufficient base material.
- Incomplete compaction of the substrate layers during the initial construction.
- Liquefaction of the bedding layer caused by water ingress.
- Failure of restraining edges.
- Loss of jointing material.
- Loads greater than the driveway or patio was designed to carry.
Whatever the cause, the damage needs to be investigated and rectified before replacing or re-bedding the paving blocks.
No matter how bad your driveway or patio may look, A. Martin can repair it.